Tuesday, March 27, 2012

October Baby


Yesterday, my mom, two older sisters, and I had a ‘girls night out’.
We went to Panera Bread for dinner, then on to the movie theater. And afterwards went to Starbucks to comfort us after crying. :)No, we did not go see the Hunger Games. Instead we watched the newly released independent Christian film, October Baby. The movie was flat out awesome! It is a must see for every Christian out there. With the parents regarding the mature content.

October Baby is about a Christian, nineteen year old girl who finds out that she was adopted. Not only was she adopted, but she was a survivor of a failed abortion.  This devastates her completely. She takes a trip to her birthplace to find her biological mother. Through a series of events she learns to forgive those who did her wrong.

A few critics have picked apart the fact that the director and producer did not give the message of the Gospel very well. However, that wasn’t the message of the film. The message was on forgiveness, and learning to live and love. And spreading the awful fact that abortion is all around us.

If you choose to go see the movie, or even buy it, stay for the credits. There is an amazing surprise.
Oh, and you might want to take a tissue or two. J

7 comments:

  1. OH, I wanna see it weal baaaad... ={ But can't, *waaaaaaa* Cuz we aint so's High techtified as to go's to da theater... ^_~ haha, Yep...! Just going to have to wait for it to come out on DVD, like we had to for Courageous, and just keep hearing all about it till I feel like I've practically seen it then finally get to see it. And for some reason I'm feeling awful random at the moment, maybe it's because I've not talked to you in ages...uggh, and I hope your week goes well at the conference... =D Don't forget to give yourself a hug for me and squeeze real tight. LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND>>><<<3

    Ya, friend who loves you, more, most and always.
    Leah....

    P.S. Tell Kissy I got her letter and she is so going to pay for that...OH! THE nerve of that girl... ;) JK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I assure you it will be a movie well worth owning!

      Oh, haha! I had no part in that. I promise!! She got your letter, and she just laughed. :D

      Delete
  2. OH, and BTW...Hunger Games, sounds awful, and looks the same... X_x bleck, so dark...AND the reason they made it is just as bad...! EWWWY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It sounds some what interesting, but I will never see it.

      Delete
  3. Oh I would LOVE to see this movie. You lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well it is coming out on DVD. So hopefully you guys will buy it!!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. This movie looks so good! I hope we can go see it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Share what's on your mind, but be respectful please. :)