Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Off the Couch!



I have allowed an outrageous amount of time to pass without posting anything. Some of you may be thinking that I am still sick and living on the couch. I am here to break the rumor and present you with the truth of things.

I am off the couch.

I lived a total of fifteen weeks on the couch, but I didn’t live them alone. The Lord was with me every minute of the day. He was by my side the entire time. His grace was poured out on me in a generous manner every single day.

For thirteen weeks I had no idea what was going on. I struggled with fears of dying, and what it could be. It is so much easier to face a known enemy than to charge straight ahead at an unseen object. You have no goal and you feel very lost. That’s how I felt. That is, until I finally realized that the Lord wasn’t going to let me die. No. I sought His will on the whole matter and He gave me the answer. But nasty ole satan had to have his way and torment me asking the question, “What if this is the Lord’s will? What if you are going to die and there is nothing that you can do about it?”
I wanted to run from it all. I didn’t want to be in this situation. I wanted it to be all over with. I wanted to sleep during the whole thing and wake up when it was gone.
Then the light bulb clicked on and the Lord opened my eyes. I wasn’t going to die; I had no peace and no grace because it wasn’t time yet. The Lord had not prepared me for the situation because it wasn’t here yet. He had given me the desire and the will to fight for a reason. Not so that I could buck His plans, but so that I could follow Him with a trusting heart.
I will admit that I did continue to struggle and doubt what the Lord had revealed to me, but He was faithful and true to his word.

Friday, February 14 I had some extensive blood testing done. I was nervous and anxious about it. What did I really have? Would we get the answers? Was it terminal? Was it something I would have to live with the rest of my life? Was it truly Lyme’s disease?

We didn’t get the full list of results until two days later on Sunday. I confess, I was overwhelmed at the magnitude of it all. I was shocked and depressed for a bit.
Here is what was/is wrong with me.

My kidneys and liver weren’t working properly.
I had inflammation and circulation issues.
Adrenal stress.
Hormonal imbalance.
Hidden heavy metals in my body
A hidden virus in my lymphatic system
Multiple bacteria that was invading the immune system.
My immune system was shot to pieces. I had yeast issues and the beginnings of Leaky Gut Syndrome.
And the grand finale, Mycoplasma.
Mycoplasma is a little germ that gets inside of the blood cells and wreaks havoc in your system. It totally depletes you of energy and drains you.

It felt huge, and every time the guy would tell me what he found I would hold my breath and wait for it to be something huge and horrible. Every one of these things is horrible, but none of them are terminal. Praise the Lord! The Lord kept His promise.

I am now on a four month plan to eradicate all of my issues. But that’s another blog post for another day.

God bless,
Haley

Here are the previous blog posts if you haven't been following my journey:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

4 comments:

  1. Being sick is not a good idea. Been foreve since ya posted. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, I'm the guy who tried to get your parents to have you checked for hyperparathyroidism. Your symptoms strongly suggested that diagnosis. Then again, tachycardia can result from something as simple as anxiety (as in panic attack). I very much want you to be well.
    That said, I have to think you got that report from a charlatan. It sounds like an absurd mishmash of hard to verify nonsense. Don't worry! But if your symptoms continue, PLEASE see an endocrinologist.
    You're NOT dying. You MIGHT not be physically sick at all. But quackery won't help in any case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your concern.
      I have had many people, over the past several months, who, out of great concern for me, try to diagnose my issues. I was even dead certain that I had a blocked artery, however that wasn't the case. I was wrong.
      I know I am not dying, and I am not in any case. I am recovering, as suggests the title of my post. My symptoms have died off.
      Again, thank you for your concern.

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhh Haley dear! I love you! HUGZ!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Share what's on your mind, but be respectful please. :)